SHADOW

The sun rays pushed me from behind
A halo everybody had
My feet felt heavy
The sole of my shoe kissing the road
And parting every minute
I wouldn't have stopped until next turn
If those beautiful toes
Peeping through a dark yellow heel
Wouldn't have obstructed me
My vision went up a flight
Climbing up every single strand of hair
With dedication that was cleared
Three days ago
Her skin was beautifully caramel
That's what happens
When sugar is amid passionate flames
Her innumerated strands of hair appeared
Been around her strong fingers a milton times
Her eyes smiled and her teeth
Peeped from behind what smacked
Everytime her mom cooked macaroni and cheese
I looked away with my motion apparent to hers
Then I turned villain against the lovers
And my shoulders brushed against hers

My aimless walks now had one
Bringing me success everyday
There was something in her that drew me towards
That evening was warm
And the sun gradually walking away from us
The glimmer of the stars never let
Our skin get uneven
I rested my head on her lap
Oh such an accurate angle she made
That my eyes drank her teardrop

Everything was lovely at first
She wasn't innocent anymore
I could tell neither my family nor my friends
You ought to have them for that purpose
If only I had been careful
Enough to notice the minute things
If only I had not lost my sight to see
That the day it all started
The day her toes peeped
I had been five feet away from her
And mid-day suns never cast tall shadows
I remember her toes to shine brightly
Unlike all other pedestrians
Whose feet were endarkened by their own shadows
That whenever she cried, ichor layered upon her eyes
That all the eyes stared at me
Whenever I replied to her beautiful voice
She had intoxicated me
She had started calling me 'Home'
Then one day she took me to hers

She was finally gone
And I again walked on the same road
Again stopped by graceful feet
I looked up to her cheeks
Where all her blood had rushed to
I couldn't resist and just hoped
Her noticing that she cast a shadow
And I didn't. 

Comments

Popular Posts