REGRET
The car broke down
And too much traffic in the town
It all happened that day
Worst day, should I say?
And just now I realised
That I suck at rhyming
Now stop it all 'cause this seems so childish
Okay, let's go back to the story
My fingers are carving ink since four years
That was my second word war
Trust was a caramel upon me
People were expectant
And I never learnt
Letting them down
Tears slipping down my eyes
My white shirt wet
Winds, slapping my face
Time, my heart
I ran and ran and ran
My skin rose and fell
"Excuse me, "
Came down a voice
As if the clouds had split
With heavenly life pouring through
An Angel in disguise
With bright face and hair
Reflecting on his chin
And above his lip
Peach contrasting with cacao
"Yes?" I said.
He looked at me
In my eyes
His were shining
He wanted something
A favor, it seemed
"Do you know Suzanna,
She's in class 10th A."
And never had been
Any thing more tranquil
"Maybe I do. So,
What about her?"
Blunt replies and hasty tone
My feet ready to take a leap
I had been nasty
Soulless
Inhumane
Unworthy, that day
"Convey this to her
She carried my car keys."
"I can't, I'm in a hurry"
"Please, it's important."
When I think about it now, I feel as if
My heart walked away
From me that day
It came back two years later
Just to make me realise
How bad I had been
I no longer, that day, wanted
Those tiring "please-sorry" discussions
"Fine, okay, I'll do it."
And did what I
Regret the most today
I walked into the premises
Of that 'prestigious' school
That told us innocent ones
Discipline over humanity
Punctuality over humanity
Lies over truth
Impression over reality
Competition over friendship
Hate over love
Death over life
I ran past 10 A
I knew what I was doing was wrong
But, I hadn't been punctual
I asked for forgiveness
God decided not to
I wasn't sorry
I was proud
That I made it quite in time
Then, I lost the war
Forgot it all
Until last year
When that another
Angel in disguise
Brought back to me
All my humanity
All my life
And that made that painful incident
The only thing I regret
They say regret
Is the most unimportant emotion
But little do they know
That even dirt grooms the Earth
Why do they not know
That painful emotions are healers
They bring out the better you
That man I met a couple of years ago
Educated me with great morality
And the best think to do to a person
Is to help them
To help in need
To help in being human
To help face the truth
To help in being real
To help when lost,
Walking into just a name
While love just stares
To help them live
I never saw him again
Who'd have thought
That an Angel I met
For a fraction of minutes
Would have replenished me
That one regret changed me
Forever.
For good.
And too much traffic in the town
It all happened that day
Worst day, should I say?
And just now I realised
That I suck at rhyming
Now stop it all 'cause this seems so childish
Okay, let's go back to the story
My fingers are carving ink since four years
That was my second word war
Trust was a caramel upon me
People were expectant
And I never learnt
Letting them down
Tears slipping down my eyes
My white shirt wet
Winds, slapping my face
Time, my heart
I ran and ran and ran
My skin rose and fell
"Excuse me, "
Came down a voice
As if the clouds had split
With heavenly life pouring through
An Angel in disguise
With bright face and hair
Reflecting on his chin
And above his lip
Peach contrasting with cacao
"Yes?" I said.
He looked at me
In my eyes
His were shining
He wanted something
A favor, it seemed
"Do you know Suzanna,
She's in class 10th A."
And never had been
Any thing more tranquil
"Maybe I do. So,
What about her?"
Blunt replies and hasty tone
My feet ready to take a leap
I had been nasty
Soulless
Inhumane
Unworthy, that day
"Convey this to her
She carried my car keys."
"I can't, I'm in a hurry"
"Please, it's important."
When I think about it now, I feel as if
My heart walked away
From me that day
It came back two years later
Just to make me realise
How bad I had been
I no longer, that day, wanted
Those tiring "please-sorry" discussions
"Fine, okay, I'll do it."
And did what I
Regret the most today
I walked into the premises
Of that 'prestigious' school
That told us innocent ones
Discipline over humanity
Punctuality over humanity
Lies over truth
Impression over reality
Competition over friendship
Hate over love
Death over life
I ran past 10 A
I knew what I was doing was wrong
But, I hadn't been punctual
I asked for forgiveness
God decided not to
I wasn't sorry
I was proud
That I made it quite in time
Then, I lost the war
Forgot it all
Until last year
When that another
Angel in disguise
Brought back to me
All my humanity
All my life
And that made that painful incident
The only thing I regret
They say regret
Is the most unimportant emotion
But little do they know
That even dirt grooms the Earth
Why do they not know
That painful emotions are healers
They bring out the better you
That man I met a couple of years ago
Educated me with great morality
And the best think to do to a person
Is to help them
To help in need
To help in being human
To help face the truth
To help in being real
To help when lost,
Walking into just a name
While love just stares
To help them live
I never saw him again
Who'd have thought
That an Angel I met
For a fraction of minutes
Would have replenished me
That one regret changed me
Forever.
For good.


Comments
Post a Comment