HOME
A decade ago,
When I climbed up the stairs
Smiling, laughing, singing
I'd know I was home.
Innocence had waxed me
Hiding me away
From the reality, from the sins
I'd knock giggling, "I'm home" I'd say
Waiting for one of those
Familiar, smiling faces to receive me
And then, in their arms I felt safe.
The wax melted the day
I committed that sin
Those hostile realities came to me
As a severe blow, knocking me down
I'd lie in the pool
Of my own murk blood
Pouring from my ancient soul
With pain twinkling, just like
Firecrackers on a Dussehra night
And I, in that state of paralysis
Would stare at the ceiling fan
People would pat on my back
For it to feel like non-fatal, hurtful stabs
They'd talk to me in vain
I was numb
Their faces no longer smiled
I no longer felt safe.
Those faces felt unfamiliar, strange
Once again I'd climb the stairs
With my burdened shoulders touching the floor
I knew I was dwelling
In an alien place
QuinceƱera year, the sun was on horizon
"Wake up", I said
"Said your prayers? "
That healer helped me out of that pool
Mended my broken white wings
The tranquility of my life
The heart we draw doesn't resemble the biological one
Fake, is it?
Oh no, honey, ever integrate it with the mirror
You'll see
That the heart within the human body
Is just the half
I no longer feel cold
I no longer feel lonely
And, I feel safe again
The stars have aligned
And, I no longer feel lost
I feel safe again
I have been healed, and I am loved
And once again, I climb the stairs
With light shoulders and beautiful wings
Smiling, laughing, singing
Those strange, unwelcoming faces receive me
Then I hear his voice
And I know I'm home.
When I climbed up the stairs
Smiling, laughing, singing
I'd know I was home.
Innocence had waxed me
Hiding me away
From the reality, from the sins
I'd knock giggling, "I'm home" I'd say
Waiting for one of those
Familiar, smiling faces to receive me
And then, in their arms I felt safe.
The wax melted the day
I committed that sin
Those hostile realities came to me
As a severe blow, knocking me down
I'd lie in the pool
Of my own murk blood
Pouring from my ancient soul
With pain twinkling, just like
Firecrackers on a Dussehra night
And I, in that state of paralysis
Would stare at the ceiling fan
People would pat on my back
For it to feel like non-fatal, hurtful stabs
They'd talk to me in vain
I was numb
Their faces no longer smiled
I no longer felt safe.
Those faces felt unfamiliar, strange
Once again I'd climb the stairs
With my burdened shoulders touching the floor
I knew I was dwelling
In an alien place
QuinceƱera year, the sun was on horizon
"Wake up", I said
"Said your prayers? "
That healer helped me out of that pool
Mended my broken white wings
The tranquility of my life
The heart we draw doesn't resemble the biological one
Fake, is it?
Oh no, honey, ever integrate it with the mirror
You'll see
That the heart within the human body
Is just the half
I no longer feel cold
I no longer feel lonely
And, I feel safe again
The stars have aligned
And, I no longer feel lost
I feel safe again
I have been healed, and I am loved
And once again, I climb the stairs
With light shoulders and beautiful wings
Smiling, laughing, singing
Those strange, unwelcoming faces receive me
Then I hear his voice
And I know I'm home.


Comments
Post a Comment