CROSSWORDS --- III
CROSSWORDS
Part 3
"ARE YOU ALL RIGHT?" INQUIRED CALYN, TOO much astonished with a bit of horror.
"I'm all right." Jacelyn reassured herself.
"What had happened to you?"
"Nothing."
"Jacelyn --"
"You won't understand."
"JACELYN."
"Fine," And she told her sister everything she saw, the weird man, the disappearance, the dagger and the strong feeling of that boy being Jace.
Calyn's face was still horrified.
"I knew you won't believe. Nobody would. Well, can I have your phone, mine's dead."
In reply, Calyn only nodded.
Jacelyn was about to call her best friend, when Calyn's cell received a text. It said, a common phrase, I LOVE YOU TOO.
"Are you dating Cole, Jason's brother?"
"N...no... No. No!" Replied too-much-shocked Calyn.
"Stop pretending. I know about that. I didn't know you had to keep things from me."
"See... it's not what---"
"Please."
"I am sorry. Neville told me that you read our chats, so I thought... I never wanted to admit this myself."
"Neville, yes, YES! Everything Neville says is God's word. The lord's truth!"
"He said so..."
"Please."
"I am sorry, forgive me." She got no reply then.
The Manor, what Jacelyn called her house, had arrived. Too much angry, she went, slamming the taxi door, stomping her feet, leaving Calyn behind, sitting in the taxi, staring at Jacelyn, statue-still.
*******


Comments
Post a Comment