BROODING LIKE A GHOST


BROODING LIKE A GHOST

WHILE READING, THEY AREN'T WORDS, ATLEAST FOR A BOOK LOVER, THEY are actually the scenes of what they might call a subconscious brain's movie. Well, not really a movie for Jacelyn. For her, maybe it was similar to a memory, for she hated calling the world of good, the place of happiness and satisfaction, the land where one can feel all the emotions of their heart in one go, a movie. 
  Jacelyn always felt the books more than anyone else, maybe anyone else across the world. One would find her crying after a much emotion part in her book, or sad if her favorite character was injured. A romantic part would bring a broad smile while separation between the Love interests would make her shed tears; one wrong move of the protagonist, or even her favorite one, would worsen her mood for the day, sometimes two. This was probably because she replaced the female protagonist by herself in the back of her mind.
  This time too, she was doing so. 

   "You've got me kidding," the bouncer said... and then there were no words and only a series of moving pictures. It was the first time she was reading underneath the night sky, below the guardians of the dark. She liked, actually loved it. The pictures were as clear as the ones in her dreams, and her dreams were really as clear as the mundane movies. 
  After reading almost half of the chapter, she looked towards the end of the road to see a boy whom she was noticing since too long. His face was hid by a hood and he was wearing what looked like a tight fitted sweatshirt with jeans, all black. He was sleek and tall, and was instantly recognised by Jacelyn. Jason. She checked her cellphone. It was 3:00 a.m. She didn't care about her neighbor's sleep, or even her family's, and yelled,
  "Brooding like ghost, just like that or planning to invade my house and loot? We've known each other since kindergarten, and you thought I won't recognise your physique, even when you hide your face. Jason, I'm not that bad."
  "Works on mom and Cole." Jason said, approaching her.
  "Don't you have to sleep, we've school tomorrow."
  "The same applies on you."
  "But I don't feel like."
  "Even I don't."
  "By the way, why were you staring at home that way? Is it on fire?"
  "I was looking at you."
  "Why aren't you at your home, I mean, how do you even know I was awake?"
  "I kind of felt that, and that you were in your backyard."
  "So, why were you hiding your face?"
  "I..." didn't want you to see me. Reading you looked like an angel, an angel I didn't feel like disturbing. I was satisfied. Though I know you saw me, that you'd recognise me, I never thought. You looked perfect, I tried going home, but it felt impossible to take my eyes of you. In these lunar shadows, it's the first time I see you. And you, are the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I love you, but I can't express my feelings, because I'm afraid if I did, I would lose you, what I would never want in my life, of what I even can't think.
  "Jason, Jason! Where are you lost, are you even listening!"
  "Umm, yes."
  "Doesn't seem so --- "
  "Oh shut up, I need sleep, I gotta go."
  "Stay, please."
  "Why?"
   "Because..." I want you to. I like your presence, rather I love it, I love you presence. I recognised the moment I saw you. But, you know I love teasing you, irritating you. I love seeing that irritated look of yours, it satisfies me to the depth of my heart. You are perfect. And I can never deny the fact that I love you. But I am afraid to express my feelings, I'm afraid I would lose you. 'Cause I know, you see me only as a friend. But I love you, and always will. And I hope you realise this some day.
  "Where are you lost, ma'am?"
  "Oh, umm. Actually, uhh, sorry."
  "Better be. It's dawn now, and I need to go, or I'll be late to school. At your pleasure, may I?"
  "Uh, yes."






*******

Comments

Popular Posts